This blog post was originally sent as an email update to our mailing list on 06/16/2023.
Thank you everyone for your patience and eagerness over the past few months. Today, I'm pleased to announce that the wait is over -- the Hydrogen 2 is complete!
Since the release of the original Hydrogen, we've been hard at work improving everything -- and it shows. The Hydrogen 2 features:
• The same beautiful anodized aluminum scroll wheel, but with an all new scroll mechanism that feels satisfyingly tight and snappy.
• The same pioneering 8kHz report rate and Zero Latency Click technology that registers your inputs significantly faster than conventional gaming mice.
• Redesigned plastics to improve the feeling and cosmetics, including a durable, grippy, and attractive matte surface finish -- all while maintaining the stunningly low 47.5 gram weight.
• The same silky smooth, thin, and supple cable that everyone loved from the original Hydrogen -- still giving you the feel of wireless with the weight and speed benefits of a wired mouse.
• Redesigned side buttons using the Kailh GM 8.0 switches. It's clear why these buttons are a favorite among enthusiasts: they're crisp, snappy, and still heavy enough to prevent accidental presses.
• Super slick custom-made skates from Corepad. The new skates are larger and feature pre-rounded edges so that your Hydrogen 2 will feel perfect straight out of the box.
Our last launch sold out in 8 minutes! This time, we'll be launching with pre-orders and a much larger quantity. With the larger quantity, there should be a bigger window of time to secure a Hydrogen 2.
I'll send an email on launch day with further details on how pre-orders will work. I hope to see everyone in just under a week from today on launch day:
Thursday, June 22nd, at 4PM Eastern.
As always, I'd like to make note of my appreciation to everyone who has supported this project over the years. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out.